If you’re a fan of deer hunting, what could be better than a crossbow. It gives a traditional feel and does the job too. However, when you have to choose the right crossbow, the process can be quite overwhelming. There are several factors like speed, weight, sound that you should consider.
Best Crossbow for Deer Hunting
Fortunately, you can make a choice using the below information. We have gathered some of the best-rated deer hunting crossbows available in the market based on several factors. Also, you can find a buying guide at the end of this article. So, go through the info and make an informed choice.
The Barnett Whitetail Hunter is a heavy-duty crossbow that weighs about 6.4 pounds. The dimensions of this crossbow are 34.25 “L x 18.25 “W. It has a draw weight of 150 pounds and can throw arrows at a speed of 350 feet per second.
It also features a trigger tech technology with a creep-release of about 3 pounds. So, you handle it quite easily. The entire crossbow is made from little stainless-steel components, which improve its durability and life. The package includes a quiver, rope coking device, 4*32 scope along with wax, and 2*20inch headhunter arrows.
- Its made from stainless steel, which makes it durable
- It can achieve amazing 350 fps
- Trigger technology makes shooting easy
- The installation manual is not clear
2) Ravin R10
The Ravin R10 Crossbow is a pre-tuned, fully assembled product. It comes with a 100-yard illuminated scope that enhances precision while shooting. This crossbow is one of the most compacts out there, with an axle-to-axle distance of only 5.75 inches. It weighs only 6.5 pounds, which makes it easy to carry.
It can expel the arrow at an amazing speed of about 400fps and offers an accurate shot too. The package contains an illuminated scope, a 3-arrow quiver, three-pack 400 gr. Match grade .003 arrows, accessories brackets, etc.
- It’s compact and easy to carry
- The illumined scope helps achieve precision
- It offers an amazing speed of 400fps
- The bolts are of a poor quality
Barnett Jackal Crossbow is another beautiful product that can achieve a speed of about 315fps. The draw weight it comes with is about 150 pounds. Also, shooting with this crossbow is easy because of the 3.5-pound trigger pull system. The product is very sleek and stylish to look at.
It features high-energy wheels along with a synthetic ring and cable system, which makes it one of the most durable crossbow kits. The package contains premium red dot sight, bolts, and a quick detach quiver. If you are thinking of buying this, then make sure to wax the string after every ten shots.
- Its highly durable
- Easy to shoot because of the trigger
- Red dot sight for precision
- It offers a speed of 315fps
- The strings split easily & are quite heavy
The CenterPoint Sniper is a complete hunting package for professional hunters. It can help you achieve speeds of up to 370FPS. The axle-to-axle length of this crossbow is about 18 inches at full draw, and the draw weight is about 185 pounds, which is more than average.
It comes with integrated string suppressors, which help in making a cleaner, quieter, and more stable shot. The crossbow is both durable and lightweight, which makes it easy to carry in the field. With this crossbow, you get a 4*32mm scope, rope, quiver two*20-inch carbon arrows.
- It offers a vibration-free shot
- Easy to carry around
- Scope for precise killing
- It offers a speed of 370fps
- The stock is a bit noisy
The Excalibur GRZ2 Crossbow is a great hunting bow for both beginners and experts. It comes with a fixed power scope with 1-inch rings, which helps in precise shooting. The rope cocking aid helps in easy cocking and makes the hunting process super smooth and quick.
The crossbow is powerful and can reach a speed of 305fps easily. Also, it weighs around 5.5 pounds, which makes it easy to maneuver. With this package, you get 1-inch rings, skeletonized stock, four arrow quivers, three diablo arrows, rope cocking aid, and a fixed power scope.
- It comes with a fixed scope
- Powerful and accurate
- Easy to cock
The TenPoint Invader X4 can help you shoot arrows at a speed of about 360fps. This crossbow is one of the lightest in the hunting segment and weighs about 6.5 pounds. It features an amazing 8.5-inch-long scope that has 3X optics and three duplex crosshairs for making shots at 20,30,40,50-yard range.
It also has a quick detach quiver and an easy cocking mechanism. So, you can shoot both quickly and efficiently. This crossbow package comes with a pack of 3 aluminum arrows that are durable and hit the target. So, this is a perfect hunting crossbow for both beginners and experts.
- It comes with an 8.5-inch professional scope
- Light to carry
- Easy cocking
- Not durable enough
Byung Guide for Picking up Crossbox
You should definitely consider the below factors while looking for a deer hunting crossbow.
Do You Need a deer hunting crossbow?
When it comes to deer hunting, not every crossbow works. You need a sturdier, quieter, and one that offers decent arrow speed. You’ll need the best crossbow for deer hunting if: –
- Obviously, you want to hunt down deer
- You need better speed
- You need quieter performance
What are the different types of the crossbow?
Here are some commonly available types of hunting crossbows: –
Things to consider while buying a hunting crossbow
Here are some important things you should consider: –
- Speed: When it comes to hunting, you need a crossbow that offers decent speed. Although anything above 300fps is good but more is better.
- Quiet: So, the purpose of buying a deer hunting crossbow is to hunt a deer down. And you cannot do this if your crossbow makes a lot of sounds. So, choose the one that makes the least sound or is quieter.
- Weight: You might have to chase down a deer in the field to get in the range of shooting. And this is only convenient if your crossbow is light in weight. So, choose the one which is lighter.
- Weatherproof: It could be raining or snowing out there. And not all crossbows are meant for such conditions. If you’re planning to go out hunting in every weather condition, buy a weatherproof crossbow.
- Scope: Whether it’s a fixed scope or a movable one, it can improve the chances of you getting a clear and more precise shot. So, for precision, make sure to buy a crossbow that comes with a scope or red dot sight.
- Quick Cock: Some crossbows take too much time to cock. And this is not a good sign when you’re out there hunting. You need to be quick. So, make sure to buy a crossbow with a cocking aid that helps in quick cock.
Whether you’re a professional hunter or a beginner, you must choose only a quality product that meets your requirements. You can select any of the above-listed crossbows. but you need to list your requirements for choosing the best one.
Based on the requirements, whichever product meets your needs is the right choice to make. So, set your requirements, go through the factors in the buying guide, and make the right choice.